Monday, October 29, 2012

One of My New Forms

so this is one of my most recent pieces I am working on. I wanted to make something a bit more dramatic in shape. I wanted to play with the instability of the base and push the platform for patterning a bit further. Overall its fun but I am not sure what my intentions are with making these forms. They are all still functional but I don't know that they would really be used for anything, unless one considers display a function. I might ague that it is in fact, though its a tough battle..... None the less I have enjoyed making this piece and am excited to move to the next stages of the process with it.. 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!
    I'd be curious to see it with handles (in the next incarnation of course).
    Maybe something equally as ridiculous like having ones on the lower third instead of going the whole span or up top where it would be expected. It may also help with the physical balance by adding some weight to the bottom.

    ReplyDelete